N.E.R.D x MTV Buzzworthy Pop Up Concert & Album Signing
Objective: Spearheaded Special Sauce retail partnership with Billionaire Boys Club, Star Trak and Interscope Records to host a concert pop-up and artist signing with N.E.R.D promoting the release of their “Seeing Sounds” album.
Target: Outreach to customer networks (13-35), actions sports enthusiasts, subculture communities & Hip Hop fans to create a one of a kind live interactive experience for fans.
Strategy: Secured partnership with Universal Music by developing a collaborative retail pop-up resulting in:
• Commissioned artist HEF to recreate 20ft. original artwork of N.E.R.D “Seeing Sounds” album.
• Hosted “Best In Trick” (warm-up) skateboard contest sponsored by Red Bull.
• Two hour concert filmed by MTV Buzzworthy followed by 1 hour signing with N.E.R.D. (Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo & Shae Haley).
• Secured 500 pre-sale digital albums with Looney Tunes.
• Supervised local NYPD and security team to manage safety and production logistics.
Insights: Over 1,000 fans attended driving digital album sales by 30% and increased Sauce retail sales by 48%. Successfully saved over $80,000 in stage production costs by utilizing contacts and resources. Press coverage provided by Newsday & Chanel 12 News.